ISO leadership award – New Zealander on winning committee
Peter Fisher, Health and Safety Inspector at the Department of Labour, recently received an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Larry Eicher award certificate from Debbie Chin, Chief Executive at Standards New Zealand.
'Peter is a valued member of ISO Technical Committee (TC) 127, Earth-moving machinery, which was awarded the ISO “Lawrence Eicher Leadership Award" in 2008,' says Debbie. 'Peter has been a participating member onTC 127 committees for nearly seven years and he is well-known to us from his contribution to NZ, AS/NZS and ISO Standards.'
'Many dozens of New Zealanders are participant members of ISO committees, across virtually every sector,' says Debbie. 'Peter's participation on TC 127 continues to help ensure New Zealand's voice is heard on these international committees and that the Standards published by TC 127 are applicable to the New Zealand environment.'
E-learning Standard will help match user needs with the right resources
For people with disabilities, whose choice of access modalities is restricted, the process of matching a resource with a user requirement is not a matter of convenience or refinement, but one of utmost importance in ensuring access.
Use of an International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Standard on e-learning will make it easier to match individual user needs in a computer-mediated learning environment with the necessary user interface and resources needed to meet those needs.
Information technology – Individualised adaptability and accessibility in e-learning, education and training, ISO/IEC 24751, is published in three parts:
- ISO/IEC 24751.1:2008, Framework and reference model, provides a common framework to describe and specify learner needs and preferences and the corresponding description of the digital learning resources, so that individual learner preferences and needs can be matched with the appropriate user interface tools and digital learning resources
AS 1289 Methods of testing soils for engineering purposes
AS 1222.214.171.124-2009 Soil classification tests – Determination of the liquid limit of a soil – Four point Casagrande method
$44.89+GST (Members), $56.11+GST (Retail)
Sets out a method for determining the liquid limit of soil (the moisture content at which a soil passes) from the plastic to the liquid state).
Supersedes AS 12126.96.36.199-1995
AS 12188.8.131.52-2009 Soil compaction and density tests – Nuclear surface moisture-density gauges – Calibration using standard blocks
$78.41+GST (Members), $98.01+GST (Retail)
Sets out the method for the calibration of the density system of a nuclear surface moisture-density gauge and the partial calibration of the moisture system of a nuclear surface moisture-density gauge using standard moisture blocks
Supersedes AS 12184.108.40.206-1998
The following British Standard publications are available for purchase from our website www.standards.co.nz by entering the Standard number and selecting the BSI button in the search panel. The publications listed below are new and revised British Standards that were made available last month. An existing BSI publication bearing a number identical to one announced below is automatically withdrawn unless stated otherwise. In all other cases of supersession, details are given and a corresponding entry appears in the 'British Standards withdrawn' section.
- BS 1722-16:2009 Fences. Specification for powder coatings used as a plastics finish to components and mesh
Supersedes BS 1722-16:1992
- BS 7533-13:2009 Pavements constructed with clay, natural stone or concrete pavers. Guide for the design of permeable pavements constructed with concrete paving blocks and flags, natural stone slabs and setts and clay pavers
The following IEC publications are available for purchase from our website www.standards.co.nz by entering the Standard number and selecting the IEC button in the search panel.
- IEC 60034-15:2009 (Edition 3) Rotating electrical machines. Impulse voltage withstand levels of form wound stator coils for rotating A.C. machines
- IEC 60050-617:2009 International Electrotechnical Vocabulary. Organization/Market of electricity
- IEC 60079-26:2006 Explosive atmospheres. Equipment with equipment protection level (EPL) Ga
CORRIGENDUM 1:March 2009
- IEC 60335-2-6:2002 Household and similar electrical appliances. Safety. Particular requirements for stationary cooking ranges, hobs, ovens and similar appliances
CORRIGENDUM 1:February 2009
The following ISO publications are available for purchase from our website www.standards.co.nz by entering the Standard number and selecting the ISO button in the search panel.
- ISO 96 Textile machinery and accessories. Rings and travellers for ring spinning and ring twisting frames
- ISO 96-1:2009 (Edition 2) Flange rings T and SF and their travellers
- ISO 96-2:2009 (Edition 2) HZ- and J-rings and their travellers
- ISO 463:2006 Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS). Dimensional measuring equipment. Design and metrological characteristics of mechanical dial gauges
CORRIGENDUM 2:January 2009
- ISO 834-8:2002 Fire resistance tests. Elements of building construction. Specific requirements for non-loadbearing vertical separating elements
CORRIGENDUM 1:February 2009